Monday, June 20, 2011

Dress a Girl Around the World

When I was looking through all the blogs I follow this morning I came across a post that just lured me in. Hope 4 Women is a wonderful charity which helps women who are suffering from poverty, disease and low self-worth to become self-sufficient with businesses of their own and to raise their dignity through tea parties, day spas and celebrating women. How wonderful is that?

They are asking for our help in their thoughts for every little girl to own at least one dress. If you didn't know about this like me then I'm glad that I brought this to your attention. I've already started putting dresses together and have reached out to my neighbors for gently used clothing, pillowcases, sheets, etc. that I can refashion into dresses.

The charity would like pillowcase dresses.....cannot be more simple. follow the link here to Little Big Girl Studio blog where you'll find an easy step by step tutorial on how to make one.

Big shout out and thank you to Louise from Sew Scrumptious who brought this to my attention!!!
Sew Scrumptious Blog. Louise is over the in UK and is determined to gather up her goal of 100 dresses. If you live over her way, please help her out. She is almost there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment